Welcome to Life Warm Up's and Pete Hinojosa's Blog!

You can reach Pete at pete@questld.com

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Character and Influence

Welcome to this Life Warm-Up™ -
Building Your Influencer Inc. Company

Howdy All!

Character and Influence
I was listening to a radio show this week and the question was asked to the listening audience, should we be concerned about a Presidential candidate’s character?
The most surprising answer I heard was from a person that remarked, why should we care about the President’s character? We need to know about their issues. 
Would you choose a leader of a business or a company that had no character, but was able to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas that make you feel like they are looking out for your best interests? 
Or wouldn't you like to know that the leader will actually put into action what they are talking about? 

Here are some things to think about when it comes to character and influencing others:
           Others are drawn to my character or repelled by my lack of it.
           Character is decided by how consistently I adhere to my standard. (See last week’s standards list for more information.)
           I build and develop brand appreciation by consistently living with character.
           My standard must bring appreciation, respect and value to others.
           My reputation (name appreciation) is built slowly over time, but can be damaged very quickly. As one of my students’ told me, “It took four years in high school to build a positive reputation for myself and only one bad decision this weekend to ruin all of that work!”
           Showing love and seeking understanding are essential to having influence and being influential.
           It is better to be a positive influence than a negative one.
           My behavior, my character - or how I act, interact and react around others becomes my product and / or service that I sell to others. 

Who would you recommend or refer to run your business?  The key is that we really do own and operate our own business called Influencer Incorporated.  Will you lead your business with character? Or will you simply make others feel good by talking about what they want to hear?

Have a great week,

Sincerely,
Pete Hinojosa


Thank you for reading this Life Warm-Up!
A.G. "Pete" Hinojosa
Founder and President
Omega Quest
281.360.0861 office

No comments:

Post a Comment